Benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen has all the vital components of life. It is considered by many to be nature’s most perfect complete food. It is extremely loaded with vitamins and contains nearly all known minerals, trace elements, enzymes and amino acids. Bee pollen is also considered to be a first-rate source of anti-oxidants. There are many benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen is a complete food, and taking it helps to balance the incomplete foods that we are all used to eating in everyday life.
Additionally, bee pollen is one of the world’s oldest health foods. You can find references to it in the Bible, the Torah, the Koran as well as ancient Chinese and Egyptian texts. And one of our most popular presidents, Ronald Reagan, took bee pollen for years.
What is bee pollen?
Pollen is created by the male part of the flowering plant. As the bee flits from flower to flower, it carries pollen with it, which cross-pollinates and fertilizes the plant. Some of the pollen also makes it back to the bee hive where bee keepers can then collect it.
10 Proven Benefits of Bee Pollen
- Boosts Energy: Bee pollen consists of 55 % carbohydrates and almost 40 % protein, making it a great source of energy. Due to its massive amount of protein, bee pollen can be used as a natural supplement for body builders.
- Infertility problems: Research has proven that bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian functions thus boosting fertility. Bee pollen also acts as aphrodisiac!
- Treats allergies: Bee pollen contains quercetin which is known for its ability to minimize or neutralize histamine responses.
- Aids in weight loss:One of the benefits of bee pollen is that it helps in weight loss. Bee pollen stimulates the metabolism which promotes increased energy and weight loss
- Improves skin: According to Dr. Lars-Erik Essen, a Swedish dermatologist who first started using bee products for skin issues, “Bee pollen appears to prevent premature ageing of the cells and induces appearance of new skin tissue,” says Dr. Essen. “It gives efficient protection against dehydration and injects new life into dry cells. It smooths away wrinkles and stimulates a life-giving blood supply to all skin cells. The skin gets younger looking, less susceptible to wrinkles, smoother, and healthier by making use of honeybee pollen.”
- Immune system booster: One of the benefits of bee pollen is that it helps in boosting immune system. Because of proteins, mono and polyunsaturated fats, vitamins B, C, D, E, and beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, selenium, nucleic acids, lecithin, and cysteine in bee pollen, it is quite efficient in strengthening the immune system.
- Aids the cardiovascular system:Among the benefits of bee pollen is that it helps in cardiovascular system. Bee Pollen has good quantities of rutin; an antioxidant that helps strengthen blood vessels and capillaries. It shows anti-clotting properties which could help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
- Helps in Low or high blood pressure
- Helps in Nervous system problems
- Improves Digestion
Bee Pollen Side effects
There are documented reports of bee pollen and royal jelly triggering asthma, hives, sore throats, facial itches and even anaphylactic shock in people with allergies to specific pollens. And these reactions can occur with as little as one teaspoon of bee pollen.
How to eat Bee Pollen
Make sure bee pollen comes from a reliable and organic sources. Bees should not be exposed to chemicals and/or high fructose corn syrup.